DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Closest questions I've seen to the real exam

NOT INCLUDING STS's.

Lately I've been studing for my last 8i exam, Backup and Recovery. The resource I've been using Primarily is the Sybex book which covers the DB A&A exam and the B&R exam. Now, I've been highly critical of the B&R component of this book.. and rightly so, it's terrible. But, I actually went back to the Admin section (1st DBA exam) and looked to revise the section regarding Archive and Redo logs. (I hadn't actually read this section before, as I bought the SYBEX pack after I sat the first two exams).

After reading the relevent sections I flicked to the practice exam quetions, and was suprised how similiar they were to real exam questions. These questions, especially the syntax questions (i.e giving four ADD LOGFILE commands and each only being a TINY bit different) reminded me of previous certification exams I have sat. I just thought I should give a little Credit to the writer of these questions in the SYBEX book.

That's all.

[Edited by grjohnson on 09-20-2001 at 06:59 PM]
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

grjohnson,

i also bought the same Sybex book and i used it as a supplement for Oracle Student guide and STS for my 023 exam.

Im now preparing for my next exam w/c is B&R. this time, unfortunately i dont have a copy of the 8i B&R student guide.
    so im planining to use Sybex and STS for my review, do you think it's enough for me to pass this exam by merely using Sybex and STS? i heard several comments much like yours. one even suggest that if you wanna pass b&r dont use the book cause it's really terrible.

I hope you can enlighten me on this. BTW do you have an E-copy (pdf) of the 8i B&R student guide?

Thank you very much.

The Maverick

See my new B&R thread.
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

I have passed all 8i DBA exams on the first try, but I have failed B&R twice relying on Sybex. You will need more than this study guide to be well prepared.

The A&A, Networking, and Tuning from Sybex seem to be pretty good in my opinion.

Good luck.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

Thank you dknight for your advice.

The Maverick