DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with Invisible Shutdown Job

Question

Hi,

I have three databases on an oracle 8.0.6 server, one live database, one test database, and the system database (world). Ive recently tried to setup a cold backup by submitting a shutdown job in Oracle Enterprise Manager to shutdown the live database at 10pm each night. When I set up the job, I was logged onto the world database with Enterprise manager.

This worked ok, but then I decided to tidy up the enterprise manager repositories by dropping (deleting) them all apart from the World database repository. The idea was to only log onto the world database with enterprise manager and administer all of the databases from here.

Since ive done this the live database still shuts down at 10pm but no jobs are displayed in enterprise manager for any of the three databases. According to Enterprise Manager, there are no jobs in the job library, no jobs have been active, and no jobs are scheduled. I have logged on to all three databases using the Worksheet program and typed SELECT * FROM DBA_JOBS; but this returns with no results.

Does anybody know what is happening here, and how do I stop my database from shutting down at 10pm.

Thank you in advance for any help

To know for sure that its getting called from the OEM, stop the management server and see whether your database is getting shutdown.

Ceck your script whether it does any shutdown, inappropriately. Also check your job schedule on the server like the crontab or at to see whether there are any other scripts that are getting executed appart from the OEM which would do this shutdown...

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

There are no other scripts scheduled in NT to shut the database down. When you insert a job into OEM does it get stored in a script file for execution? If so, what file?

In order to undestand the issue more,

1. how handy jobs do you have running currently?
    2. Try renaming the $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent/job.q file and then stop and restart the management server then try to schedule a new job and see whether the problem persists...

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!