DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: integrate db2 and oracle db

Hi Friends,

We got Financials Apps on Oracle DB and Assets Management on DB2. My Boss is asking if we could integrate
    the two DBs meaning one DB could update the other DB's table. It this possible? Has anybody done this? or can you please give links to any integration software available?

Thank you

I worked in a shop about 4 years ago as a Developer where the management evaluated a DB2 gateway.

My understanding was that Oracle could read and update DB2 tables, but DB2 could NOT read and update Oracle. It was expensive, about $50k.

Hope that helps.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

I have been in a shop about 5 months ago and they were using AS400 transparent gateway connecting oracle to db2 and indeed it could only read and update DB2 tables not vice-versa the pain was that to change the version of AS400 they were forced to change transparenet gateway version as well consequently I think Oracle suggested them to migrate the database server version as well (and all this just because IBM told them that their AS400 version was going to be desupported)