DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with IMP

I am trying to update a test db, and my import is failing with an "ORA-01653 unable to extend tablespace by 32770" error. Actually the import is working fine but this table is not importing all of its rows. This is strange because I have this all run in a script that disables constraints and triggers in the test db, truncates all of the tables, then runs the import, and up to now has worked flawlessly.

The tablespace in both db's is the same size, but I increased the test by 500 meg anyway and it still failed. The tablespace in the test db shows 30% free and the production one 20%, both comprise of 3 datafiles.

prod db is 7.3.3 and test is 8.1.7

I suppose I could put autoextend on, but I want to know why this is happening.

thanks in advance

You need to add more space. Check to verify the following are the same in each database: initial extent, next extent, pctincrease, pctfull, pctfree, db_block_size
    Jeff Hunter

trying that

added another 500meg, running it now, will see what happens...

block size is the same, as is initial and next extent, pctfree and pctused on prod db is 15 and 75, 40 and 60 on test db, pctincrease is 0 on both

The pctfree difference could be the problem.

100 - 15 == 85
    100 - 40 == 60

Your prod db should require around 60/85 the space required on test or about 70% of the space required for test.

This is rough, not exact.

Good luck.
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g