Hi

I am experiencing troubles after the installation of Oracle 8.1.7 Enterprise Edition.. Option: Typical

After complete a installation with some errors i cannot run the applications that uses a GUI with the JREW process in background (Net8, Database Configuration, Database Migration, etc.)
When i try to start one of these applications the light flashes some times and no GUI screen is showed, but I could view the JREW in process list. I don't know what happened and how to solve this problem.

The detail of all the errors follows:

At almost the beggining of the installation.. the program shows me an error message while its trying to copy the msvcrt.dll file.. i choose ignore and the process continues normally until the execution of the optional installations.

This is what i found on my InstallActions log:

Starting install install phase 1 of component Platform Required Support Files
Calling action fileActions1.7.1.7.0 finalClusterSetup
selectedNodes =
threadsActive = 2
vectorInitialSize = 50
vectorFactorSize = 25

Calling action fileActions1.7.1.7.0 copyGroupFromJar
selectedNodes = null
copyGroup = winsystem
AlwaysCopy = false
UpgradeCopy = true
DowngradeCopy = false
JarLoc = C:\TEMP\OraInstall\temp1066
gpEntries = [[msvcrt40.dll ->%s_systemDirectory%/msvcrt40.dll 326656 plats=0=>[912,615,50,601] langs=0=>[en,fr,ar,bn,pt_BR,bg,fr_CA,ca,hr,cs,da,nl,ar_EG,en_GB,et,fi,de,el,iw,hu,is,id,it,ja,ko,es,lv,lt,ms,e s_MX,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,zh_CN,sk,sl,es_ES,sv,th,zh_TW,tr,uk,vi]]
, [msvcrt.dll ->%s_systemDirectory%/msvcrt.dll 266293 plats=0=>[912,615,50,601] langs=0=>[en,fr,ar,bn,pt_BR,bg,fr_CA,ca,hr,cs,da,nl,ar_EG,en_GB,et,fi,de,el,iw,hu,is,id,it,ja,ko,es,lv,lt,ms,e s_MX,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,zh_CN,sk,sl,es_ES,sv,th,zh_TW,tr,uk,vi]]
, [msvcirt.dll ->%s_systemDirectory%/msvcirt.dll 77878 plats=0=>[912,615,50,601] langs=0=>[en,fr,ar,bn,pt_BR,bg,fr_CA,ca,hr,cs,da,nl,ar_EG,en_GB,et,fi,de,el,iw,hu,is,id,it,ja,ko,es,lv,lt,ms,e s_MX,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,zh_CN,sk,sl,es_ES,sv,th,zh_TW,tr,uk,vi]]
, [olepro32.dll ->%s_systemDirectory%/olepro32.dll 164112 plats=0=>[912,615,50,601] langs=0=>[en,fr,ar,bn,pt_BR,bg,fr_CA,ca,hr,cs,da,nl,ar_EG,en_GB,et,fi,de,el,iw,hu,is,id,it,ja,ko,es,lv,lt,ms,e s_MX,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,zh_CN,sk,sl,es_ES,sv,th,zh_TW,tr,uk,vi]]
, [oleaut32.dll ->%s_systemDirectory%/oleaut32.dll 598288 plats=0=>[912,615,50,601] langs=0=>[en,fr,ar,bn,pt_BR,bg,fr_CA,ca,hr,cs,da,nl,ar_EG,en_GB,et,fi,de,el,iw,hu,is,id,it,ja,ko,es,lv,lt,ms,e s_MX,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,zh_CN,sk,sl,es_ES,sv,th,zh_TW,tr,uk,vi]]
, [mfc40.dll ->%s_systemDirectory%/mfc40.dll 924432 plats=0=>[912,615,50,601] langs=0=>[en,fr,ar,bn,pt_BR,bg,fr_CA,ca,hr,cs,da,nl,ar_EG,en_GB,et,fi,de,el,iw,hu,is,id,it,ja,ko,es,lv,lt,ms,e s_MX,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,zh_CN,sk,sl,es_ES,sv,th,zh_TW,tr,uk,vi]]
, [mfc42.dll ->%s_systemDirectory%/mfc42.dll 995383 plats=0=>[912,615,50,601] langs=0=>[en,fr,ar,bn,pt_BR,bg,fr_CA,ca,hr,cs,da,nl,ar_EG,en_GB,et,fi,de,el,iw,hu,is,id,it,ja,ko,es,lv,lt,ms,e s_MX,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,zh_CN,sk,sl,es_ES,sv,th,zh_TW,tr,uk,vi]]
, [mfc42u.dll ->%s_systemDirectory%/mfc42u.dll 939280 plats=0=>[912,615,50,601] langs=0=>[en,fr,ar,bn,pt_BR,bg,fr_CA,ca,hr,cs,da,nl,ar_EG,en_GB,et,fi,de,el,iw,hu,is,id,it,ja,ko,es,lv,lt,ms,e s_MX,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,zh_CN,sk,sl,es_ES,sv,th,zh_TW,tr,uk,vi]]
]
DllGroup = true

Exception thrown from action: copyGroupFromJar
Exception Name: VersionResourceNotFoundException
Exception String:
Exception Severity: 0
Exception handling set to prompt user with options to RETRY IGNORE
User choice : Ignore

Starting install install phase 2 of component Oracle Snap-In Common Files
Calling action w32OcxRegActions1.7.1.5.0 RegisterOCX
OcxPath = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\Primary Snap-In\orammc8.dll
WorkingDir = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\Primary Snap-In

OcxPath = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\Administration Assistant\orammcadm8.dll
WorkingDir = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\Administration Assistant

OcxPath = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\Administration Assistant\orammccfg8.dll
WorkingDir = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\Administration Assistant

Exception thrown from action: RegisterOCX
Exception Name: ErrorRegisteringOCXException
Exception String: OLE initialize or OCX load error while registering OCX
OcxPath = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\MTS\orammcmts8.dll
WorkingDir = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\MTS

OcxPath = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\Performance Monitor\orammcpmon8.dll
WorkingDir = C:\Program Files\Oracle\MMC Snap-Ins\Performance Monitor

Exception thrown from action: RegisterOCX
Exception Name: ErrorRegisteringOCXException
Exception String: OLE initialize or OCX load error while registering OCX

In the last error i didn't gete an error message.

Later, the installer run the Net8 Configuration Assistant normally but when the installer tries to run the Database Configuration Assistant an error is showed in the assistant log:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/ewt/graphics/ImageStrip
at oracle.ewt.laf.oracle.OracleWizardUI._createImagePainter(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.laf.oracle.OracleWizardUI.getPreviousPainter(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard.updateReadingDirection(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard.(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.wizard.Wizard.(Unknown Source)
at DBCreateWizard.(DBCreateWizard.java:452)
at DBCreateWizard.main(DBCreateWizard.java:1380)
exit code is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

I have to stop that process and the installation finishes.

I suppose that if the intaller freezes in this process.. the same thing could be happening when i call each one of these assistants from windows, the only difference is that in windows no error is showed, simple the GUI don't appear.

Something that i notticed was that this instalation (8.1.7) replaced my actual version of msvcrt.dll file. Oracle 8.1.5 didn't do this with a similar machine.

I understand that this dll is used by the video drivers, and sometimes Oracle GUI don't run because of this.. but i understand too that this happens when the number of colors is lower than 256.. that's not my case..

I am trying to figure out whats happening days ago withou any result.. maybe i need a patch.. Any idea??..

Thanks in advance..