DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Size Problems!!! Another One Gurus!!

Question

Hi Gurus,
    We are operational with three computers, one server and two workstations all on NT 4.0. my query is that i have only one disk per box. I have problems regarding organising my database. How do you suggest i should keep my database files and what sizes should i be keeping. It's a development database, all the disks are 20 gb disks having three partitions of 4,4,12 gb each. Please Advice.

Thanks, Mohit.
    It's easy as long as you are on the RIGHT Track of MIND...

dont understand your question, what sizing problem do you mean??? And what has the workstation to do with the server...

pando, i was reffering to the problems regarding sizes of the datafiles, redologs etc. which keep giving me problems cause it waits for archival being on the same disk. The problem is clearly of how to organise a database on one disk with three partitions of 4,4,12 GB. Does that make it clear enough? Please let me know!

Mohit.
    It's easy as long as you are on the RIGHT Track of MIND...

wel with one disk there is nothing you can do to avoid I/O problems, no matter how you distribute your partitions, files directories

Originally posted by pando
    wel with one disk there is nothing you can do to avoid I/O problems, no matter how you distribute your partitions, files directories
    True! With an NT one disk server you can forget much about Performance Tuning :-))