DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Importing one table from dump

Hybrid View

Angry

Does anyone know how to import just one table from a dump file. Iam using the following syntax:

imp73 SYS/sys@SMT file="C:\PDTBefore.dmp" log="pdtbefore.log" indexfile="C:\PDTBefore.idx" buffer=512000 ignore=Y commit=y FROMUSER=sbprod26e4 TOUSER=sbtest26e4 tables = "DMDOCDATA"

I have also done the same command with the " " around DMDOCDATA to no avail. The imp73 utility says 'skipping DMDOCDATA' which is what iam trying to import without importing all tables in the dump. Any suggestions? Also will this overwrite the whole table or just insert records. I do not want it overwritten. Thanks!
    EJC

I think you need to truncate that table, this way the structure will stay and only the rows will be inserted. Be sure to back up that table first!!. Also, are the two databases on the same version of Oracle? The Import/Export utilities have to jive.

MH

Cool Fixed

I didscovered that the problem was with the index feature. It doesnt import just create some kind of log file. Thanks for the help though.
    EJC