DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ingress to Oracle Conversion

AS anyone had any experience migration Ingress to Oracle? All I have in the Copy.Out file (this gives me the data structure for the tables) and the exported flatfiles. My problem is the out put of the files. ie for charactor data length of 6 the out put would be:

6ABCDEF

The same field if only 6 chars in length would be:

5ABCDE

The file is table delimieated but how do I use the terminated by whitespace clause if the is one field that could hold sentences with spaces in the string?

Any help or ideas would be gretly appricated.

Gary M

Can you afford to take a FIXED filed output, on such case, you don't have to worry about how the output would look, instead you would be working on the position. I think that Oracle has a oracle transparent gateway for ingress. Use it to do a direct load into oracle.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Sam unfortunnitly I can not control the way the data is being exported. It is coming from Wasington DC and I get what they are willing to give me. I do not have direct access to the Alpha box the current Ingress is running on.

Where can I find a copy of Transparent Gateway for Ingress? I might be able to use it if I go there and the let me in the building.

Gary

You can download it from http://technet.oracle.com the membership is free... If you don't find it there, shoot a mail to oracle metalink and they would send that to you (if you have a free product upgrade option with metalink)

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!