DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle SQL tools

Now that EZSQL has been bought out and TOAD takes over, is there another tool less expensive and still user-friendly? Does anyone know what happens to those of us who bought EZSQL and don't want TOAD? Will it expire or can we keep using it?
    Thanks.

Where did you hear this?

I just sent an e-mail to John, so hopefully he will shed some light on this. It would be very saddening if this turns out to be true.

- Chris

EZSQL no longer available

We use EZSQL and were about to buy more copies, but it is no longer available. You can get a license for TOAD. E-mailed John but he just referred us to the salesman on the web site. They say we can get a year of TOAD licensing, but I liked EZSQL. I would prefer to keep it and use it as long as possible. I just wonder if it will go away at the end of the license period.

Nobody can take your EZSQL license away, or force you to switch to TOAD. If you have a registration code for EZSQL, there is no time-bomb in it. I'll say more when I can. :-)

John Dorlon
    www.ezsql.net
    john@ezsql.net

jdorlon - latest DotCom millionaire... Maybe you'll start working on that Java version now that you're well funded, no?
    Jeff Hunter

Hmmm... Maybe. What do you think about a version for Linux? (it's a lot less re-writing)
    John Dorlon
    www.ezsql.net
    john@ezsql.net