DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to load tab delimited file

I never actually tried it, but I found it in O'reilley's tip of the month category and if O'reilley put it there, I would say it works. But then again, nobody's perfect...

Hey I did not say that it will not work - I simply said that you can load a TAB delimited file w/o explicity specifying it in hex - it works if we specify "FIELDS TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE".

Sorry if I caused any confusion :(

-amar

Ahhhh, no big deal. I will also copy your example and save it with O'reilley's example. When the time comes for me to load a tab delimited file, I will now have 2 ways.

Thanks,
    Joe

Thanks for your methods .. I will try them . At this point I have to load ASAP ,so I used Power Builder to load . It is GUI and works on TAB delimited file . But it is very very slow .. No choice ..

Raghu
    Raghu

I was just speaking to a friend about this and there is ANOTHER way it can be done, and he's used it this way.

FIELDS DELIMITED BY ' '

In between the quotes, he has tabbed over 1 time. That's pretty logical.

Thanks joe and Amar .. Both of your methods are working ..I tried terminated by whitespace as well as ' ' in between i tabed one time .. Both are working .. Next time my job will be faster since I am going to use SQL*LOADER with this idea's . it is taking forever from front end code reading and parsing the file ...

Raghu
    Raghu