DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How To startup DATABASE automaticly

Hybrid View

Unhappy

All,

I have this questions before and I haven't gotten the right answer for it yet, can someone help me and give me osme ideas of how to make this work ???

I have Oracle 8i installed on the lap top, ORADIM was created with automatically started and TNS Listener is automaticaly started. For some reason, every time I shutdown and started Windows, Oracle services for that instance will started automatically but the database will not opened unless I munually startup the database at SVRMGRL. I like to get this database automatically start and I start Windows.

Anmy ideas or advises will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by smdakram
    All,

I have this questions before and I haven't gotten the right answer for it yet, can someone help me and give me osme ideas of how to make this work ???

I have Oracle 8i installed on the lap top, ORADIM was created with automatically started and TNS Listener is automaticaly started. For some reason, every time I shutdown and started Windows, Oracle services for that instance will started automatically but the database will not opened unless I munually startup the database at SVRMGRL. I like to get this database automatically start and I start Windows.

Anmy ideas or advises will be greatly appreciated.

I've had a the same problem. Could be many things.
    Check first that you have the same password for ORADIM and for the internal (=SYS).

Or just drop the NT service and recreate it with the same password of internal.

Check that everything is OK in your sqlnet.ora

Am I correct

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __
    Hi Mike,

You could check in the registry:
    hkey_local_machine/software/oracle/home0

There must be an entry
    "ORA_SID_AUTOSTART", with value set to "TRUE", for the database to start automatically.
    If not, add it...

Hope it helps

Cheers
    Fabien
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __

I was working on this problem but had to put in on the back burner for a while. I have never used ORADIM until now. Its seems to me that ORADIM is suitable for an OS like WIN95 where you can't actually stop or start the service directly. As you can stop and start the service on NT and WIN2K I can't see how this can be of much use for these OS.

Be editing this key (hkey_local_machine/software/oracle/home0) all that seems to happen is that the service is actually started.

I think possibly what he is looking for here is a batch file or a script that will actually start the instance and bring him to the SQL prompt everytime he turns the computer on. I did find one and posted it here but cant remember where. Try searching all my postings and see if that can be of any help.
    ========================================
    The Drain Surgeon

my listener used to give trouble starting up automatically.
    i deleted the instance using ORADIM -delete option
    and recreated the instance again with ORADIM and used the auto options.
    it worked fine

ajay

Posting the same question under multiple threads under the same name/alais, would not help you to get your question answered exactly. You have posted the same message under different alias in another thread. So in the future please refrain from posting multiple threads on the same question under same name or under aliases.

Reference: http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=14940

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!