DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Database start up

All,

I have this questions before and I haven't gotten the right answer for it yet, can someone help me and give me osme ideas of how to make this work ???

I have Oracle 8i installed on the lap top, ORADIM was created with automatically started and TNS Listener is automaticaly started. For some reason, every time I shutdown and started Windows, Oracle services for that instance will started automatically but the database will not opened unless I munually startup the database at SVRMGRL. I like to get this database automatically start and I start Windows.

Anmy ideas or advises will be greatly appreciated.

just include the pfile='' in your oradim command ....... that should do the trick......

Of course I have the pfile in the Oradim command so I don't think that's the solution.

Hi Mike,

You could check in the registry:
    hkey_local_machine/software/oracle/home0

There must be an entry
    "ORA_SID_AUTOSTART", with value set to "TRUE", for the database to start automatically.
    If not, add it...

Hope it helps

Cheers

Fabien

Ora_sid_autostart and shutdown are both set to AUTO

any other suggestion ????

Thanks

Hi,

Did you check the pfile location in the registry?
    I saw somewhere it was a referenced bug for 8i/NT (the fact that sometimes, the pfile location is wrong in the registry)...

Cheers

Fabien

Pfile in the registry is default to the right location. What could it be if everything seem ok to me

What type of Win OS it is NT/Win2K? What is your 8i version? Always do remeber to post your OS and the DB version on your post which would greatly help us to narrow down the problem.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Duplicate posting on the same subject. http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=14990

Please kindly refrain from posting the duplicate messages. Looks like the same person with different alias. It only would lead you not to get a proper answer. So please, kindly refrain this kind of multiple posting, on the same name/alias

I'm going ahead and closing this thread and leaving the above mentioned one open. If you require this thread to be reopened, please send a email to any one of the moderators. They would be able to assist you.

Sam

[Edited by sambavan on 08-26-2001 at 12:47 AM]
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!