DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Log apply is missing. Database not opening

I have primary database and standby database.
    Every day log file from primary is apply to standby.
    I created new data file at primary. and try to incorporate that changes in standby by recresting control file.
    When I try to do recovery at standby it is asking me log file number 580 which is not there. not on both the site . because of that I am not able to open standby database. Primary site is woking fine.

Any help appriciated. i have gone through all documents of standby database. but till now no success

At the primary site, switch log file. It will create archived redo log file. Move it to standby DB.

Also note that:
    Create datafile at primary site will propagate partially in Standby site. Recovery process at standby site will fail during application of archive if data files do not exist.
    Hence, datafiles should be created in advance at the standby DB to prevent automatic recovery from failing.

[Edited by tamilselvan on 08-22-2001 at 02:40 PM]

All datafiles copied to standby site. So all datafiles same as primary exist. even recreated control files also.
    applying log which it is asking is log file on aug'9th. (on that date standby database crash for some reason)
    So all other log files applied (current also)
    But Previos log files I do not have it.

If standby DB crashes for some reason and the old archived log files are not availble, then you need to create new standby from the primary db.

Thats Why I copied all data files, redo files, and created standby control files latest.
    and try to recover standby database.
    It is mounting but still asking for old archieve. Which is not require to apply ?? But I am not able to get rid of this problem.