DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: custom installation of 817(legato issue)

Hi.. When you perform a custom install of oracle 817, do you come across the legato stuff in the end of installation.. The documentation never describes about that at all.. By mistake I chose to install legato instead of breaking the installation and as a result it overwrote the existing legato that was being used by the sysadmins and it has become a problem now..

Do you have a choice of not selecting to Install LEGATO in the beginning before the installation starts and if you say no when you are asked in the end what does the installer do and thirdly now that I have done the part, can i uninstall legato and will the original legato installation work??

Any clues, any ideas...

Thanks, ST

What is your OS? There are steps on how to uninstall the legato on the Oracle installation manual. Choose the appropriate installation and follow the steps to uninstall.

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/produ...i/content.html

Seconsly as far as I know, in the solaris installation, it would get executed under root.sh script, which you would be executing at the end of the oracle installation. There one option would ask whether you would like to create the legato.

The manual explains every thing clearly. Follow that to install or unstall your legato.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Thanks for the note. Yes, you are right. It came as a part of root.sh. So, I could have opted for not to install and it would have been OK.. Isn't it?? The documentation I am having at hand doesnt really speak about this.. Anyway I shall look into that more closely again..
    My OS is IBM AIX RS6000 and 817 oracle
    Thanks ST

There you go! You got the answer

Good luck,
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!