DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Compress Initial Extent while Importing

Exclamation

Is there any way, you can compress Initial Extent to the used data blocks while Importing. e.g. If suppose table for emp the Initial Extent size is 20 MB out of 20 MB only 1 MB is used. Now I want to import this emp tables with the help of Export/Import and while Importing Oracle should create the Initial Extent size of 1MB not the 20MB. Is there any easy way to do it. I know SHOW=Y and INDEXFILE = in import. Is there any other good method.

Thanks

you have to export with compress=n option

Pando,
    Are U sure about this. I have already tried but it did not work. Even I have created the Locally Managed Tablespaces so that while Importing, it should not bring the Initial Extent info, but it did not worked.

Sanjay

COMPRESS=Y will not help here. The only option you have is to precreate the table with the new storage parameters and then import the data with IGNORE=Y.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

jmodic is correct. When you use the compress=Y option, it won't shrink down past your INITIAL size.
    Jeff Hunter

I make a pardon I thought he meant 20 extents of 1MB each in that case compress=n would do the trick