DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Database Move

Lightbulb

I have a Oracle 7.3 Database running on WinNT4.0 Server.I need to move it to a new WinNT4.0 server where Oracle8i R817 is running.How I can move/upgrade the database.I can't install the oracle8i on the server where Oracle 7.3 is currently instlled.How I can do that.I tried expoert/import it didn't work.I also tried simple coldbackup and restore it didn't work either.

Please let me know your experience.

Thanks,

Ravi

Come on Export import has to work.There should not be any problem what soever.If you have any errros pls post it.
    Radhakrishnan.M

What was the type of export?? What errors did you get while export/import which caused it to fail??

I am getting following error messages:

IMP-00008: unrecognized statement in the export file.
    IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file

I know the export is ok as I can import it in Oracle7.3 database running on same sever as well as other server with Oracle7.3. It gives this message only when you try to export it into Oracle8i.

Ravi

Hi Ravi,

when you are Exporting and importing full database make sure you are using the binaries of Oracle 7.3.3 and make sure you have executed the following script on your new database server that is 8.1.7

catexp7.sql
    catexp.sql

Regards

Santosh

Santosh,

I did executed catexp7.sql and catexp.sql .How to use binaries of Oracle 7.3.3 ???

Thanks

Hi Ravi,

You have to use

exp73.exe

imp73.exe

Peform an import from your old database server.Add a tnsnames entry of your new database into your old server and execute the import from there

Regards
    Santosh