DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intelligent agent on Unix

Dear Members
    In order to manage your unix (others...) database by OEM, you must have intelligent agents running on the remote database server, right???

Is is true that these intelligent agents are usually turned OFF on unix platforms because they consume too much resources???

Please comment!!!
    Thanks!
    roukie-dba

Originally posted by roukie_dba
    Dear Members
    In order to manage your unix (others...) database by OEM, you must have intelligent agents running on the remote database server, right???

Yes.

Is is true that these intelligent agents are usually turned OFF on unix platforms because they consume too much resources???
    Sure, they consume resources. I wouldn't classify them as using "A LOT" of memory. I have run the IA for lots of clients and have not encounted a problem with resources...
    Jeff Hunter

The answre is yes to your first question. So you would have to activate it using

lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

The answer to your second question is No. So far I haven't seen any problems on using that. But Make sure, if you plan to use the dbsnmp, then your agent matches the OEM versions, else you can upgrade your agent.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Jeff and Sam
    Thanks again, you guys have are always there for us!!! I just tried and got it working.
    roukie-dba