DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Urgent: How long does PL/SQL exam lasts?

Question

I will take the exam this Saturday. When I register today, the Pometric website says it's 2 hrs 15 minutes long. But Oracle website says it lasts for 90 minutes. Can anyone who has taken the exam tell me?

Is the total number of questions 57?

Thanks!

Question

Originally posted by joy
    I will take the exam this Saturday. When I register today, the Pometric website says it's 2 hrs 15 minutes long. But Oracle website says it lasts for 90 minutes. Can anyone who has taken the exam tell me?

Is the total number of questions 57?

Thanks!
    I hope it is 2hrs and more. You need all you can get on this exam. If it was only 90 minutes I would worry.
    I was told by our ILT instructor and Sylvan that it is 120 minutes in length. This was the time alloted for it when I first wrote it this past year. I only had maybe 10 minutes to check it over. So hopefully it has changed.

Lightbulb

The sql pl/sql test was 2 hours long all three times that I took it.

Question

Hey Mr. Hanky,

Have you passed Sql yet or are you still gonna write the exam again...I think Sql is the hardest exam out of the entire 8 track.

Thumbs up

Yes, I completed my cert last November in Oracle 8 and have been working with Oracle for the past 2 months.
    MH

Talking

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Yes, I completed my cert last November in Oracle 8 and have been working with Oracle for the past 2 months.
    MH
    Belated Congratulations!!! & good for you to find a job. I hope that will be the case when I am done!!! Is there any good Sql/Plsql book out there to use??

Smile

Belated Congratulations!!! & good for you to find a job. I hope that will be the case when I am done!!! Is there any good Sql/Plsql book out there to use?? [/B][/QUOTE]

I was fortunate enough to have the ILT material and as I postd elswhere I installed Oracle8 on an NT platform at home for practice. Aside from the ILT stuff I like almost any O'Reilly book I've ever bought. Check http://www.bookpool.com for some of the best prices anywhere.
    MH

Originally posted by Rookie
    Hey Mr. Hanky,

I think Sql is the hardest exam out of the entire 8 track.
    Most people say so. However, for people with programming experience this one might be the easiest. It is a bit different than the other 4 exams.