DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hate the NetG Training CDs

Angry

Anyone else think the official Oracle training library and simulations suck?

I can barely force myself to do the lessons...although I want to learn whats in them.

I can't believe my company paid $3400 for this piece of crap.

I'm talking about the Oracle bundles. I got the 8i bundle. It is not the greatest....you would think that for that kind of $$ it would be an enjoyable, and effective program.

[Edited by shagymoe on 07-23-2001 at 02:14 PM]

Unhappy

You should not hate them. I passed all my exams just by learning with the CDs. One great thing is the Precision Learning track, which you can take after the post assessment - it really helps. I worked out 95% - 100% on EVERY post assessment to reassure that I really learned something.

Howl long did it take you?

I'm wondering how long it took you. It seems slow to me.

Question

I enjoy the NETg cbts as well can anyone one of you guys help me out i'm looking for the 8i bundle the even numbered cds to be exact i have the odd numbered cd's i have all 8/8i and dev sts Please Help! email genuine22@hotmail.com

Lightbulb

I prepared myself about one week for each exam, 3-4 hours a day (but I only took one exam per month). You can learn about two topics per day (talking about me, as I am no genius and not that experienced in Oracle). But it worked out for me.

Singapore(Asia)-WebCentre business company
    well i passed all 8i test spending 1 month for each test without going
    thru those CDs but just the training textbooks.