DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TNSLSNR is using port 8080 9090 and 1521

TNSLSNR process is using 8080 9090 and 1521 ports on nt, which block website user to log in. Does anybody know why this is happening? Last night I upgraded JServer from 816 to 81715. Does this have anything to do with my current situation? How to stop TNSLSNR process to user 8080 and 9090 port?

Thank you!

Check your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files. You may have more than one listener running on multiple ports. Make sure to check all ORACLE_HOMEs on the box. Just make sure you don't take down a listener that is being used. netasst in $ORACLE_HOME/bin is a nice little program for 8i databases. It's not extensive, but provides the basics if you're new to Oracle.

there are no port 8080 9090 in listener.ora file.

Are you using oracle provided appache server? If so, then it would use port 8080 for the outside communication. Check your Apache conf file for more detail.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Sam:

I checked Apache conf file. It only user port 80. Any good suggestions?

Thank you!

I think thqt port 8080 is used for Apache and Jserv to communicate ane with another
    You can find this Out from Jserv configuration ( look for jserc.conf and jserv.properties )

I don't see 8080 in jserv.conf and jserv.properties files. But I do believe 8080 is used by JServer. Because this happened after I upgraded JServer, and it dispeared after I reran one of the upgrading scripts. The strange thing is that after I reran that one of the upgrading scripts, all java objects in database has gone. Anybody has this experience before?

Thanks!

may be good idea to follow all apache configuration files ( for mod_plsql for example ) because those ports can be used to Portal for example. Just see at bottom of httpd.conf 2 references to another conf files.

If one of the upgrade JVM of Oracle will run rmjvm script this will delete ALL java objects ( included all Your developed classes )

Intresting point that on upgrading from one version to another of JVM to ,succseed , you need to add some hidden parameter _system_trig_enabled = false , restart DB
    and remove it latter
    ( sorry i do not remember correct name of parameter try to search on metalink or otn)