DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA:600

Hi,
    I got an ora:600 on the alert log and tried to check the corresponding trace file which did give me the pid no. which caused the error. When i checked it in v$process the pid was not there - which means it was terminated on account. How do i get the details corresponding to this particular pid. I can do a restore until time but is there any other solution ?

Cheers,
    Vinit

well, if the process is not here anymore, I guess you'll have difficulties in finding anything ... nevertheless what is important in ORA-00600 is to get the parameters.
    You should have sommething like :
    ORA-00600 [something1] [something2] ...
    the 1st argument tells which type of internal error it is, and it is needed to find if there is an answer to your problem

the arguments are ORA-00600:internal error code, arguments[15709], [1],[1],[3]
    Any takers for this one ?

Cheers,
    Vinit

are you loading data from PL/SQL and using parallel server ?? if so this could cause the error you have :

This error is raised when there are problems with parallel query processing. This is a process failure and is non-corruptive.

Try increasing the parallel_max_servers parameter in the init.ora.

The bugs that I found on this error do not affect 8.1.7. If you continue to have the problem, please e-mail me the trace file generated from the ORA-600 (after increasing parallel_max_servers).

else this could come from using a cursos in Pro*C ... do you use Pro*C ???

Usually ORA-00600 appears when the database has invalid objects.
    Recompile all the invalid objects.
    That might help.

Pipo,
    U're right..!! The problm was caused by parallel query. We're not using Pro*C though..!! Thanx..!!

Cheers
    Vinit

Talking

kewl