DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cleared 1Z0015: Backup and Recovery, Performance Tuning tips ?

Thumbs up

Cleared Backup and Tuning ( 1Z0015).

Was a lot about RMAN usage.

Any tips or focus areas on Performance tuning ?

I guess i am one of the few on this forum pursiung Oracle 8 certification. Anybody on the same boat...or evrybody on to 8i Certification

Cheers
    HS

Smile

Originally posted by harpreet69

I guess i am one of the few on this forum pursiung Oracle 8 certification. Anybody on the same boat...or evrybody on to 8i Certification

Cheers
    HS
    Hi Harpreet, I am currently doing and sticking with the 8.0 track because it is the foundation for 8i/9i. I have 3 exams to go. At the moment I am studying NetAdmin, but right after this I am going to doing PT. My final test will be SQL/PLSQL. I have been using Sybex 8i as well as examcram 8.0. So far the combo of the two have helped alot along with practicing STS software.

Smile

Hi Harpreet, I am currently doing and sticking with the 8.0 track because it is the foundation for 8i/9i. I have 3 exams to go. At the moment I am studying NetAdmin, but right after this I am going to doing PT. My final test will be SQL/PLSQL. I have been using Sybex 8i as well as examcram 8.0. So far the combo of the two have helped alot along with practicing STS software.

Wink Congratulations!

Congratulations!
    I want to get some tips or questions from your test. If you can collect and send to me. I can send you the tips about tunning of 8i. Here, I post some. Please email to john@ietla.com. Thanks.
    64. How to set the resource plan for an instance?(14-17)
    · Specify the RESOURCE_MANAGER_PLAN initialization parameter.
    · Change the resource plan without shutting down and restarting the instance.
    65. What can you get from Workload class data?
    · how your database is used in daily operations
    66. The Analysis report lists and explains the oracle expert recommendations.
    67. You may want to find out whether the number of servers is approaching the value of MTS_MAX_SERVERS or is bringing the number of processes close to the value of the processes parameter.
    68. Which view should you query to get the sever and dispatcher addresses and the session address for the user?

Singapore(Asia)-WebCentre business company
    How do i tune for LOG_BUFFER/REDO based on report.txt?

thx

Thanks Rookie, John.

John have emailed you some stuff.

Rookie: I use Oracle documentation / STS / Couchman guide..+ little bit of hand on exp.

Good luck for your future endevours:

HS

Originally posted by harpreet69

Cheers
    HS

Anyone want to trade Oracle 8 Perf Tuning CBT for NET8 CBTs Oracle 8 Perf Tuning CBT???

I now need to complete perf tuning for my OCP.

T I A!!

Trade questions?

Hi, Friend:
    If you can send the questions of B&K, I will send you all the tuning questions on 8i. Thanks,
    Email: luolisa@hotmail.com