DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Error connecting to target db in rman

Exclamation

Hi,

I have encountered the following error while trying to connect to the target database in raman. Both target and catalog are Oracle 8.1.7. They are both in the same server now as I am doing some testing. catalog has been created without error using the create catalog command. May I know what could be the proebkm for the error? Please help, thanks!

RMAN-06099: error occurred in source file: krmk.pc, line: 20675
    RMAN-06097: text of failing SQL statement: declare vsn varchar2 ( 20 ) ; begin v
    sn := dbms_rcvman . getPackageVersion ; : pkg_vsn: pkg_vsn_i := vsn ; if vsn is no
    t null then : pkg_vsnub4 := to_number ( substr ( vsn , 1 , 2 ) || substr ( vsn ,
    4 , 2 ) || substr ( vsn , 7 , 2 ) ) ; end if ; end ;
    RMAN-06003: ORACLE error from target database: ORA-04068: existing state of pack
    ages has been discarded
    ORA-04063: package body "SYS.DBMS_RCVMAN" has errors
    ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
    ORA-06512: at line 1

RMAN-06438: error executing package DBMS_RCVMAN in TARGET database
    RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
    RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
    RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
    RMAN-06429: TARGET database is not compatible with this version of RMAN

[Edited by mooks on 07-12-2001 at 03:43 AM]

Hi,

It sounds like the rman packages have not been installed correctly in the target database.

The script to create this package is dbmsrman.sql in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory.

I'm not sure what implications there would be by running this script again - although looking at it it uses create/replace package... so it should just replace anything that already exists and create anything that is missing.

Perhaps others could confirm that this script is OK to run again.....

Cheers

Moff.

Talking

Take A backup and run the script again and when starting RMAN start both the catalog and Target Dbs from command prompt at one go
    Hisham Nagia
    IT Manager For Development
    Oracle Consultant - OCP

Hi,

There are many scripts in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory. which script should i execute? I have tried alter package SYS.DBMS_RCVMAN compile. After the re-compile, I am still having error connecting to the target db. Connect to catalog and target together will still result me in the same error while connecting to the target database. *hm... Why? Any more help please?

Thanks everyone! I have re-created the package again and i am able to connect to my target database now.