DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Precompiled body?

Unhappy

Hi,
    Oracle's packages consists of compiled bodies.
    Is anybody knows how to make the same body? As I don't wont to liave my scripts redable for eveyone.
    Thanks!

use the pl/sql wrapper located in ORACLE_HOME/bin. The executable is "wrap" in unix.

-amar

but...

Do you really need to wrap your code? In practice your users shouldnt have access to read the code anyway adn it makes it a REAL pain if ever your production system is out of step with your development and test databases:- how do you then find out if anything is different. Only wrap code if your 'go-live' procedures are water-tight...

Thank you !!!
    Now I'v got more enthusiasm from work! ;-)

I'd just like to point out that if you are wrapping your code for security reasons, it would be much better to find a different solution.

Originally posted by jhmartin
    I'd just like to point out that if you are wrapping your code for security reasons, it would be much better to find a different solution.
    And what would be this different solution? The trick with PL/SQL wrapper is that humans can not read the wrapped code, *but PL/SQL parser can read it*. Wrapped code might not be the most secured and uncracable, so sure, you can encrypt/hash it with whatever algorithm you want, but then PL/SQL parser will not be able to understand it.

So you are stuck with the supplied wrapper, no better or different way to have it stored unreadable in the database.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?