Originally posted by jgutierrez
Jeff...and if change...the version of my oracle to
8.1.7 I still to make rcp...
That's a little different story.
1. install oracle 8.1.6 on sol27 machine
2. install oracle 8.1.7 on sol27 machine in different ORACLE_HOME (as long as this is a new install, patch to 184.108.40.206 or whatever is current)
3. shutdown oracle db on sol26 machine (immediate or normal)
4. rcp files from sol26 to sol27
5. startup database on sol27 using 8.1.6 ORACLE_HOME
6. shutdown database on sol27 using 8.1.6 ORACLE_HOME
7. switch ORACLE_HOME to 8.1.7
8. use odma to migrate/upgrade your database
This provides a safe way to move & upgrade your database version. You could skip steps 5&6, but I like to start the database and shut it down just to make sure everything is OK.