DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oracle 25991 1 0 10:22:05 ?

Angry

Hi all,

When i see in the Unix process There are around 40-50 process created similar to this what is this and how it is createad.

oracle 25991 1 0 10:22:05 ? 0:10 oracletest (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=no)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)))

Regards
    Josh

Thumbs up

hello,

can anyone look in to my problem.... how to overcome this situation.

these processes get created whenever any client processes connect to the server with or without the help of an application
    and to carry out any user request.

The tnsnames.ora file is read to identify the Protocol,Port and the Service_name or SID value.

The processes disappears when the client proceses closes or is terminated.

Suva
    Suvashish

HI,

This takes huge memory and makes system unusable, also this processes doesn't get killed also.i thinl this may be something called as orphan process.

but i am not sure for how to overcome this problem,

can the moderator look at this......

are u using tuxedo ?

hi,

what???. what is that... We are just running a schedular which gets records from the database and that schedular runs every 5 min..

The size of each individual Oracle process in Unix is not exactly the size displayed by the OS. The size of each Oracle process shows the size of the shared memory segment. So, the size showed by the OS is "shared memory" + "process space". So, the total of all your Oracle processes is not the true total of memory used by your database, but most likely far from it. If you are not paging or swapping heavily, I would not worry. To check paging and swapping in Solaris use:
    for paging:
    $> vmstat 3
    for swapping:
    $> vmstat -s 3
    I/O readings:
    $> iostat -xnc 3

For other options see man pages.

For Solaris 2.7, set priority paging on if you have high paging and high disk activity, especially writes.