DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8i exams level of difficulty

I have a question for anyone who's taken any or all of the OCP 8i tests.. Are there any that are relatively harder than the others, or does it all depend on one's level of experience/interest? My guess would be Performance Tuning to be the hardest, but I haven't started studying for it yet, so I'm not sure.

Dave

Originally posted by davidc001
    I have a question for anyone who's taken any or all of the OCP 8i tests.. Are there any that are relatively harder than the others, or does it all depend on one's level of experience/interest? My guess would be Performance Tuning to be the hardest, but I haven't started studying for it yet, so I'm not sure.

I did not find Tuning difficult, my impression is that all exams are equally hard, none should be underestimated, there are unexpected questions. Easiest is probably where you feel most comfortable.

Dave

Talking

I have passed PL/SQL , Administartion and backup & recovery 8i DBA ,, AND I AM ON MY WAY to tunning .

the hardest one was the administration because the number of points you need to cover ( study ) are very much and all sensitive BUT all tests need real study plus field experience.

Oracle certification is not easy as Microsoft for instance BUT is not imposible too , take the certification journy as a way to learn not only to get a document to raise your sallary.

Wishing you the best

[Edited by hnagia on 07-07-2001 at 05:23 AM]
    Hisham Nagia
    IT Manager For Development
    Oracle Consultant - OCP

Originally posted by davidc001

Dave
    Perhaps Tuning is the hardest but only if you have no practical experience with tuning. Try to investigate a bit all those V_$ views which are related to tuning. Tuning memory structures is major part of the exam. But once you pass PL/SQL and Adminitration, it is a question of time to get your OCP diploma.

Good luck!
    Julian

I figure that tuning will be the hardest, but it is also the subject that I'm looking most forward to learning because of it's value to my company. No one notices that the database never goes down, but speed up process times by a couple of seconds and you're a hero :-)

Smile Require help on 8i Tuning

Hi hnagia

Congratulations....and all the best for rest of ur exams...
    I am also trying for 8i performance tuning exam

bye
    gotopadmesh@indiatimes.com

[Edited by marist89 on 07-12-2001 at 08:59 AM]
    Find a way or Make a way
    Have a nice day
    Padmesh

I've heard very mixed reports on the Perf Tun exam... I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Originally posted by grjohnson
    I've heard very mixed reports on the Perf Tun exam... I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.
    It's the most controversial of all, perhaps :-)

Make sure you know how to tune memory structures - that's almost half of the questions. I studied so hard about Oracle Expert and I got only 1 question on Oracle Expert...