DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ora 1115 faced on HPux 10.2 oracle 8.0.5.2.2

I faced this problem on Jul3 . Alert.log showed
    Tue Jul 3 09:59:03 2001
    Errors in file /ora1/app/oracle/admin/fprod/bdump/pmon_19273.trc:
    ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
    ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 2 (block # 46478)
    ORA-01110: data file 2: '/ora11/oradata/fprod/fprodrbs1.dbf'
    ORA-27041: unable to open file
    HP-UX Error: 2: No such file or directory
    Additional information: 3
    Tue Jul 3 09:59:04 2001
    --------------------
    Alert log was showing problem in only one datafile. But there were 3 datafiles and 1 control file missing from the above directory. Has anybody faced such problems? Is it a hardware problem when suddenly u find files missing?

Hi

there could be many reasons for such an error .what basically happens the control file store the structural information of the database like physical loaction number and name of datafiles etc.now during the mount stage the instance opens the control file reads its contents and in the next stage it tries to open the database now in your case oracle had the information that there were 3 datafiles and when it tried to open the database it found only one (my guess is it first checked for thsi file ) it aborted without opening the database.you could do one thing.if the datafiles dont belong to system tablespace

say startup mount
    alter database datafile name of datfile offline
    now say
    alter database open........

i hope i have answered your question to some extent atleast.now if you ask me why it did not check for all three files my best guess is when oracle found the first datafile it was lookin for was missin it just refused to open.but this is a guess only i am waitin for gurus to chip in

regards
    hrishy

The database was open and the files went missing and alert.log showed problem in only RBS datafile and not in other datafiles but users in their PCs were getting errors for 2 other datafiles . The v$datafile showed all files online. I had to do recovery from hotbakup files.
    Did it happen to any one while using the database the datafiles went missing? Why it did not show about the problem for other 2 datafiles? Interestingly I have my tables updated on the tablespace on the above datafiles betwwen the time the problem started and the tablespaces were taken offline. The tablespaces had only one datafile each . Can any one throw any lights on this ?