I have encountered a problem that I have not been able to solve and also have the Oracle techs stumped on. I am trying to upgrade an instance from O8i 8.1.6 to 8.1.7. I have previously performed this upgrade on two other instances and everything went as expected and those instances are currently being used. I tried our production instance with an error in the creation of the sys.standard package. I have tried to run the creation script by itself and it compiles with errors. I have pretty much run this migration three times with the same errors every time. The package sys.standard will not compile without errors, thus dbms_standard will not be created along with the dbms_application_info, and to top it all off, none of our other packages will compile either.

Has anyone out here had the same or similar problems? If so, would you like to shed some light on what is causing this.

Oracle is telling me that this could be a corrupt data dictionary. But, as I stated, this is our production instance and there are no invalid packages in the 8.1.6 version.

TIA

Michael Holmes