DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Import problem

Unhappy

I had asked one question on import I am not able to trace that question.
    While doing import ,export file having object types taken from one database and importing to another database to a different user.It is not getting imported as it is skipping the object type.If u have answers pl. reply me urgently,
    Thanks for any suggetions
    samahit

Hi

can you post the error text.

Your question

hi samahit,

folowing is the question that u posted and also received a reply :

your question :
    ==========
    Can somebody guide me in following problems I have faced while importing the export file taken from ver.8.1.1.6.
    The export file contains the object types.While importing back to a different user using from user and touser it is not importing
    error-00063 skipping tables because object type

Is there a way to import to a different user ?
    samahit

reply :
    ====
    Pls cut and paste the errors errors .It will give us a better input and will be able to give a much better feedback to you which will be useful and will also be faster.

Pls see Oracle metalink Document Doc ID: 31015.996

The main things I have cut and pasted for you

Subject: Re : Very Urgent!..getting IMP-00061 when importing data from one system to another

The error is obvious coz the object already exists . Try with ignore=y , it should work.

mbuhari

Subject: Re : Very Urgent!..getting IMP-00061 when importing data from one system to another

You may have already called in a TAR or filed an iTAR for this, but here goes.

Since the type already exists in your database, import "sees" the table to be imported and checks the OID in the export file against the OID on the type on the database. There is a bug (1265656) that looks related but it is still under investigate.

Per the bug, you can try using TOID_NOVALIDATE parameter to specify types to exclude from TOID comparison.

--------------------------
    The Time has come ....

Thanx for suggetions. I am sorry for not attaching the error text.I have already used the way u have suggested but finding the same error.

IMP-00061: Warning: Object type "MDKCDS"."AUDIT_TY" already exists with a differ
    ent identifier
    "CREATE TYPE "AUDIT_TY" TIMESTAMP '2001-05-31:08:20:20' OID '38D980A01EAE11D"
    "5B92A00D0B7B69048' AS OBJECT"
    " ( CRT_DT DATE,"
    " CRT_BY VARCHAR2(15),"
    " UPD_DT DATE,"
    "UPD_BY VARCHAR2(15) )"
    IMP-00063: Warning: Skipping table "MDKCDS"."CD_T_STOCK" because object type "MD
    KCDS"."AUDIT_TY" cannot be created or has different identifier
    About to enable constraints...
    Import terminated successfully with warnings.