DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ManagementServer Problem

Question

Hello Eveybody,

I am running the following softwares

-ORACLE :ORACLE 8i EE

Problem
    I tried to to start the OEM and it gives the error message VTK100...,I realised the oracle management has not started!,I configured it to start automatically and several time I have tried to start it manually nothing has work so far,it give the following error message

"Could not start the oracleorahome81ManagementServer service on local computer
    Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Can anyone Help me P'se!!!!

Saba

Did you installed OEM seperatly or with 8i. What happens when you start Agent?

Originally posted by irehman
    Did you installed OEM seperatly or with 8i. What happens when you start Agent?
    I installed OEM together with 8i, The Agent starts fine no problem with it!

saba

Do you have the repository configured? If not first create a an OEM repository using the oem configuration assistant. Then try starting the oracle management server

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Originally posted by sambavan
    Do you have the repository configured? If not first create a an OEM repository using the oem configuration assistant. Then try starting the oracle management server

Sam
    Yes I have the repository configured and created the account to be used by the agent.
    saba

Hi Saba,

I went thru metalink and found the following document which might be of help to you

Goal: How to Troubleshoot Management Server Startup Errors

Fact: Oracle Enterprise Manager
    Fact: Oracle Management Server

Change: NOTE ROLE: EM CONSOLE ERROR
    The Oracle Management Server (OMS) is the middle-tier of the Enterprise
    Management (EM) Framework. If the OMS process is not running, the EM Console
    will not start because it must make a connection to the OMS. If this
    connection attempt fails for any reason, the EM Client will receive the error:

VTK-1000: Unable to connect to Management Server
    Please verify that you have entered the correct name and
    status of the Oracle Management Server
    OK

Fix: If the OMS will not start successfully, follow this checklist:

1. Start the OMS from a command prompt by typing:
    oemctrl start oms

2. Look for errors. They will either be displayed to the screen or
    captured in the sysman\log\oms.log file.

NOTE: On NT: 2140 and 1067 are common errors displayed to the screen.
    Check the oms.log file for a more descriptive error.

3. The solution will vary depending upon the actual error encountered.

********************************************************************************
    Some possible errors captured in the oms.log might be:
    ********************************************************************************

(Links are listed under Reference Documents)

1. The EM Repository Schema is not created. (ora-1017)
    2. The EM Repository Schema objects have been dropped. (ora-942)
    3. The EM Repository Database is down or not accepting connections.
    4. The Repository Password is incorrect in omsconfig.properties file.(ora-1031)
    5. The OMS cannot resolve the EM Repository's TNS alias. (ORA-12154, ORA-12203)
    6. The OMS cannot resolve the EM Repository Server's hostname. (ORA-12545)
    7. The OMS is not installed correctly. (ORA-12154; VXA-2017)
    8. The EM Repository version is not compatible with the OMS version.
    9. The EM Repository Database is still starting up. (VXA-2018,ORA-01034)
    10. The EM Repository Database rollback segments are offline. (VXA-2019,VXA-2021)
    11. The EM Repository Database's Node Has Been Given a New IP Address.
    12. The EM Repository Database Is Moved To A Different Node Without Updating Files
    13. The omsconfig.properties file might be missing (NT - 203). No log will be generated.
    14. The omsconfig.properties file was created with security option enabled.
    15. The OMS was not started with the correct syntax. (VXA-2008)

Reference Documents

1. [NOTE:114767.1] Starting Management Server Fails with NT error 2140 - ORA-1017 When Repository Schema is Missing
    2. [NOTE:114765.1] Starting Management Server Fails with NT error 2140 - ORA-942 When Repository Schema Objects Are Missing
    3. [NOTE:1066209.6] Starting Management Server Fails with ORA-12224 When Repository Database's Listener Is Not Running
    4. [NOTE:107776.1] Starting Management Server Fails with NT error 997, (ORA-1031)
    When omsconfig.properties File Does Not Contain Repository Logon Credentials
    5. [NOTE:111293.1] Starting Management Server Fails with ORA-12154 in OMS.LOG
    6. [NOTE:107200.1] Starting Management Server Fails with ORA-12545 When Repository Database's Hostname Is Unreachable
    7. [NOTE:1072972.6] Starting Management Server Fails with VXA-2017 and ORA-12154 When OMS is not installed correctly.
    8. [NOTE:104926.1] Starting Management Server Fails with VXA-2019, VXA-2021 When OMS Version Doesn't Match Repository Version
    9. [NOTE:105740.1] Starting Management Server Fails with VXA-2018, ORA-1034 When
    Repository Database Is Also In The Process Of Starting
    10.[NOTE:111563.1] Starting Management Server Fails with VXA-2019, VXA-2021 When
    Repository Database Rollback Segements Are Offline
    11.[NOTE:108668.1] Starting Management Server Fails with ORA-12225 After Repository Database Node Gets New IP Address
    12.[NOTE:124497.1] Starting Management Server Fails with NT error 1075 When Repository Database Is Moved
    13.[NOTE:105417.1] Starting Management Server Fails with NT error 0203 When omsconfig.properties File Missing
    14.[NOTE:107776.1] Starting Management Server Fails With NT error 997 When Security Option Is set in EMCA.
    15.[NOTE:105419.1] Starting Management Server Fails with VXA-2008 When OMS Is Not Start With Correct Parameters

General Information:
    --------------------
    [NOTE:107241.1] QUICKSTART GUIDE: Enterprise Manager 2.1
    [NOTE:113793.1] Overview Of The OEMCTRL Script Used To Control the Oracle Management Server
    [NOTE:69522.1] How To Activate Logging and Tracing for Enterprise Manager 2.x Components
    [NOTE:107235.1] How To Start The OMS From Windows NT Dos Prompt
    [NOTE:105424.1] How To Create The Management Server Service on Windows NT

PS : You can refer to the corresponding document depending on the log file which will be created

Regards
    Santosh