DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O8i Personal Edition Installation

Question

Hi, I've Oracle experience for unix platform but not many for Windows so the problem is the follow:
    I try to install Oracle 8i on a Windows machine but whe i run the Oracle installe this error arise:
    jrew caused an error in javai.dll. try to reboot the computer.
    I reboot the pc but the error appears again and i'm not able to install Oracle.
    Does anyone explain me what about the problem? What i've to do to install Oracle successfully?
    Thank everybody for helping me.

Hi

I Come from the similar background as you.....................i msut say i ahd the similar experiences..........................when i received the error....................the way i solved was by making a fresh install of my os.....................

regards
    hrishy

Follow up

Hi, 18th June 2001 21:47 hrs chennai

I want to know whether you are using an Original CD or Backup CD from the original.?

Try to deinstall properly through Oracle universal installer what all you have installed if possible try to format the system(which is not a must).

Try it again my assumption is that if it was copied backup CD some files would have been missed while copying.

Cheers

Padmam
    Attitude:Attack every problem with enthusiasam ...as if your survival depends upon it

Re: Follow up

Hi, 19th june 2001 10:21 hrs chennai

Try this solution said in this thread.

http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...threadid=10939

Even thought the problem was different same solution can help you.

Cheers

Padmam
    Attitude:Attack every problem with enthusiasam ...as if your survival depends upon it

padmam
    the Cd is the original one. What i understand about your suggestion is that i have to format th HD and reinstall the OS.It's a very big problem...I hope i can try to install Oracle without to this.....
    Thanks for any other idea of yours

Unhappy

but what do you mean with a cold or fresh installation of OS? I think it's meaning is to format the HD and to reinstall all programs with Oracle too....
    Is it right?

You don't have to reinstall the OS.

1-Just go into registry, and search for all the entries related to Oracle and delete those entries.
    2-reboot the system.
    3-stop all the services running in the background.
    4-Start the installer.

Exclamation

Thanks irehman, but maybe I was not able to explain the problem well.
    I've not an Oracle installation in the Pc. This should be the first but I can't do it because when I run the setup.exe from the original Oracle CD the jrew cause an error in the javai.dll and the istallation is aborted so i can do nothing. I've tried first wiyh O8i 8.1.7, then with the 8.6 and finally the 8.1.5 but the same error always arises.
    I hope someone to be able to suggest me the solution of my problem without having to format all the HD.
    Thanks everybody

Hi

I had a similiart type of a problem I was able to Install oracle without reinstalling the OS

Try this

The oracle directory in the program files direcotry is the desitnation, and the storage place, of the JRE for the installer.

By Deleting the above directory I was able to reinstall the JRE and everything worked fine No problem

so check if you have a Oracle directory in the program files directry if it exists just delete the oracle directory and start the Installation all over again .

Hope this helps

Regards
    Santosh

Unhappy

santoshym thank for your help but unfortunatly i have no directory named Oracle....I checked it in all the HD to be sure even if i never installed Oracle on this Pc....
    This is why i hate Windows System....
    But now i must do this installation...but how? :-(
    THANKS