DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DEFAULT WHERE CLAUSE

Question

Hi all,

I am trying to set the "default where " clause dynamically using set_block_property builtin .My code likes this....

set_block_property(blk_id, default_where,'VW_CASEADDRESS_CASEMAIN.CSM_CASENO'||' '||'like'||' '||'(:CTRBLK.CASE_NUMBER%)');

The Error says "Unable to fetch records" and its not identifying "%"........it says invalid character.

Can anybody please solve it.

Thanks
    saritha

Try to separate "%" out of the ":CTRBLK.CASE_NUMBER%" and use "||" to concatenate the "%".

HTH

Thanks

Originally posted by mber
    Try to separate "%" out of the ":CTRBLK.CASE_NUMBER%" and use "||" to concatenate the "%".

HTH

Thanks

Hi,

I tried different ways to do that it doesn't show be error but it doesn't do what asked to do....

whereclause varchar2(80):='VW_CASEADDRESS_CASEMAIN.CSM_CASENO'||' '||'like'||' '||''':CTRBLK.CASE_NUMBER''''%''';

This is what I tried but it didn't work .....
    how should I didplay normal where cluase

To display WHERE CLAUSE at any point of time, use:

MESSAGE('Default Where Is : '||GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(default_where, block_name) ) ;

When you are dynamically setting the WHERE Clause for a block, you dont need to the block name (i.e. just use Field_Name and no need to use Block_Name.Field_Name)

Try to concatenate % as HTH suggested.

Hope this will help.

Pinakin

get_block_property(BLOCK_NAME, default_where);

you DO need the block name if you are concatenating a value from an item in another block:

set_block_property('PEOPLE',default_where,'name like ''%'||:control_block.text_item6||'%''');
    go_block('PEOPLE');
    execute_query;

This code DOES WORK - I JUST TRIED IT.
    Oracle DBA and Developer