DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IBM mainframe DB/2 migration to Oracle/NT

Question

Is anybody on the list performed a migration from DB/2 database running on IBM mainframe MVS/VS os onto Win NT ,Oracle? If so, pl share the ideas like how to start with, what issues to be taken care of , what are the essential tools etc., It's a legacy system as told by the client(if poss, pl comment on what a legacy system is)

Does the i/p files to Oracle should be flat files? if so, what is the best tool to convert DB/2 files into flat files?. Some urgent interaction requested, since its need of the hour project and i am an absolute novice to Mainframe, DB/2 topics, but considerably good on Oracle on UNIX and NT.
    Deenu Param

Did you look into oracle transparent gateway for DB/2? It might help you to solve your problem. In the mean time check the http://metalink.oracle.com and do a search on the above, and it comes up with tones of utilities that you could use.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Thanx for reply, but at this stage i don't have access to metalink, could u pl suggest any other public sites where i can check on this subject?

Thanx,
    Deenu
    Deenu Param