DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ODBC ERROR

Hi,

I am getting error when creating ODBC DATA SOURCE for
    Oracle8 ODBC Driver 8.1.5.7.0

Eorror is

"The setup routine for Oracle ODBC driver could not be loaded due to System Error Code -1157"

"could not load the setup or translater library"

Pleae help

Thanks
    PSoni

Still seeking your help

Thanks
    PSoni

Still waiting

PSoni

solution

Dear Soni, 12th June 2001 13:25 hrs chennai

Sorry for the late reply for your problem.

Find this could help you out ? sure it would if this was the what you had asked for .

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q260/5/58.ASP

Cheers

Padmam
    Attitude:Attack every problem with enthusiasam ...as if your survival depends upon it

Re: solution

Dear Padman,

Thanks for your help. But I am still geting the same problem.
    As per instruction/suggestion given in msdn/microsft documentation I reinstalled entire ODBC of MDAC, and ODBC Driver supplied by Oracle. But I am at same place. Any more Idea ?

Thanks
    P.Soni

more info

Dear Soni, 13th June 2001 13:38 hrs chennai

What is the o/s and version.

if its going to be win2000 its going to be hell.

Since i too have lot of problems on win2000.

I will meanwhile investigate your problem.

Cheers

Padmam
    Attitude:Attack every problem with enthusiasam ...as if your survival depends upon it

Re: more info

Dear Padmam

I am using Windows 95 Version 4.00.1111

P. soni

Follow up

Hi soni, 13th June 2001 16:03 hrs chennai

I am really sorry for asking still more informations.

1)I would like to know under what circumstances you started having this problem ?

2)Did you delete anything from REGEDIT if so what you have removed and also are you very familiar with REGEDIT ?

3)What problem or overhead you will have in making a clean setup of o/s once again ?

Look at the bottom information from the link i given you before.Once if you have made any mistake within REGEDIT then you have none option then a clean reinstallation.

cheers

padmam

===========
    WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
    ==========

Re: Follow up

Hi,

1)I would like to know under what circumstances you started having this problem ?

I installed VB in my machine. For connection with Oracle
    I used Oracle ODBC driver provided by microsoft. When I connected through above driver I received Oracle Error "No interface driver installed". When I saw Oracle documentation
    for this error I found that this is due to older version of oracle odbc driver. As per suggestion of oracle document I downloaded the related odbc driver(Oracle 8i) from Oracle site and installed the same. But then I got error message which i have posted in this forum.

2)Did you delete anything from REGEDIT if so what you have removed and also are you very familiar with REGEDIT ?

When it was still not working , then I down loaded MDAC 6.0
    from msdn.microsoft/data. Before installing MDAC 6.0. I deleted ODBC registry.

3)What problem or overhead you will have in making a clean setup of o/s once again ?

Since I installed VB on my own insterested(Learning purpose). If start from O/S installation , I have to ask to library of my copmany for CDs of all products on my computer (e.g. Oracle Forms, Office, Designer etc.). So I don't want install O/S again

P. Soni

[Edited by PSoni on 06-13-2001 at 07:16 AM]

Hi,

I would like to say one more thing that I am able to connect to MS Access and MS SQL Server through ODBC. So, It mean ODBC installation is OK. Is there any probelm in Oracle ODBC Driver?

PSoni