DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Parameter value for Oracle Reports Server version6

Hi,
    Thanks in Advance.

I wanted sent the parameter to the date field. I wanted the null values from the database. Which word do I have to sent to the database like I tried 'NULL', " ",' ' and Unknown but its not populating any values.

I am using word Unknown to fetch the null values from the database in Oracle web server HTML forms where as with the reports the same keyword (Unknown) is not working. I cannot change the queries in the backend of the reports.

Please try to help me in the reports which keyword is used to fetch the null records from the database. I have to pass the keyword as a parameter to the query.

Please try to answer me other wise I have to change all my reports queries in the reports server. Where as keyword Unknown is working in the Oracle webserver HTML forms.

Thank You,
    Admala.

Hi Admala,

I am going to try to help..

First of all, have you tested a single report from Oracle Reports development tool and not from the Oracle Reports Server? Does it work?

If not, the Oracle Reports Server may not be setup correctly for running of reports with parameters. Sometimes you are required to use keys as part of your Oracle Reports Servers so it knows how to handle the parameters.

Keys translate the parameters to the reports server.

If yes, attempt to hard code something that should return something in your report and upload to the reports server. Then attempt to process it and see what results you get.

Are you getting any server errors?

Hope this helps.