j' m using winnt 2000 with oracle 8i.
J wanna use a system authentification to manage the database:
1. j set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=NONE
2. j create a ORA_DBA group and dba_oracle user in this group.
3. j restart the computer and connect to the system with user dba_oracle
4. j run svrmgrl and type "connect / as sysdba"
5. j get ora-01031: insufficient privileges
Who can help me please
You said you created the ora_dba group but when I Install oracle 8i the ora_dba group is automatically created by oracle you just have to create a win 2000 user and assign the user ora_dba group.
you are rigth
yes the ORA_DBA group is automaticly created by the installation sorry.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width