DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dbasupport.com related question!

Hybrid View

Question

I'l like to know :

1. Who is/are the founder of this site. Do he/she/they have a personal web site and email address ?

2. How is your policy to promote somebody as : juior member, member, moderator, advisor, ...

3. How can I find hot threads of all the time ( more than 20 reply threads in 1999 for example )

4. How can to list the members who only have personal web sites in their portfolio

5. Is there a way to see who is online ?

Regards

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

I would also like to know who the creator of this site is and the policies regarding promotion.

I would also like to take this oppurtunity thank everybody for making this site one of the greatest Oracle forum of all times.

Thanks
    Anurag

No reply !! I'm waiting to hear from Moderators.

Maybe if you post in the "Feedback" forum, you would get better response...
    Jeff Hunter

Hi

I also wanted to know how is the policy to promote somebody from juior member to member, Sr. Member, moderator, advisor.

Thanks
    Rekha

The junior/member/senior is simply post-based. This works the same in pretty much any forum software package - they just use different names and numbers. So, when you start, you are a junior member. Once you reach 100 posts, the junior prefix drops off. Once you hit something like 200 or 250 posts, you get the senior prefix added. I believe there are similar numbers to reach the advisor status. As for becoming a moderator, that is completely at the discretion of the forum administrators. Of course, if you post too many, you just get the tag of 'Registered', like Pando

So, except for the titles involving 'moderator' or 'administrator', they are simply post-based and rather irrelevant. They only reflect how much one talks, not how much one knows.

Question 4 - highly doubtful that *any* forum software has such capabilities, but I could be wrong. More to the point - why would anyone care who has websites and who doesn't?

Question 5 - look at the bottom of the screen at: http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/index.php

...it shows 'Currently Active Users'. Of course, that only means that thos people have a browser window open with the forum up - which I ususally do all day long - that doesn't mean I'm actually reading every post all day long.

Also on that same page, you should see another forum called: 'Feedback and Questions Regarding this Forum', where, as marist89 suggested, you may have better luck getting such questions answered.

- Chris

Originally posted by chrisrlong
    Of course, if you post too many, you just get the tag of 'Registered', like Pando
    Maybe there should be a classification of "Get A Life" for some of us...
    Jeff Hunter

Since it is being a part of internet.com, I would think that this would answer your Q1.

http://www.internet.com/corporate/staff/executive.html

I would also await for the super moderator UDAY's reply on this regard.

Just curious, what is beyond "Registered"

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Originally posted by marist89
    Originally posted by chrisrlong
    Of course, if you post too many, you just get the tag of 'Registered', like Pando
    Maybe there should be a classification of "Get A Life" for some of us...

mariest that made me a sad man ;(

Jeff, what's your point by saying that " A classification for get a life !! " . Sounds like insulting and sarcastic.
    Didn't like that.