All of the hype on the OCP ... here's a view from a Sr. DBA with 11 years of experience doing Oracle DBA work. I resisted the OCP but finally sucumbed to pressure since I am an independent.
- If you expect more money ... you're going to be disappointed.
- The book doesn't tell all ... you better read the manuals too.
- The tests are ... not real life ... no matter what they say.
- The benefit ... you can sometimes get by the HR department because you have a certification and the right key words.
- You may actually learn something but don't look at it as a way to better yourself ... it's not that kind of learning. It teaches you how to read the questions ... kinda like Pavlov's dog.
- It teaches patience ... especially for an old dog that reads too much into the question.
- Uncertified IT staff will probably drill you harder because they are suspicious ... and rightfully so since you don't actually have to do Oracle to get certified.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width