DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Urgent help with ORACLE 7.3.3 Upgrade...

Angry

Hi all,
    I was putting the ORACLE 7.3.3.6 on my ORACLE 7.3.3 database, but it is required that I put in the patch for Bug 604804. After I had put in the Bug 604804 patch, I went on to restart the database which the notes I was following did not suggest. However I did and when I tried running the ORAINST and selected the options to upgrade the software and stuff, it bums out with a message the ORACLE 7.3.3.6 patch can only be applied to ORACLE SERVER 7.3.3.0.0.. When I restarted the database and select the version of ORACLE, I noticed it had increase to ORACLE 7.3.3.5.1 and I do not know how, when, why that happened. As it turns out I am now unable to upgrade to ORACLE 7.3.3.6.. What should I do now????

Questions:
    How do I restore the ORACLE SERVER back to ORACLE 7.3.3 so that I can do the upgrade to 7.3.3.6???

How can I avoid data loss as this is our production database and the last backup was yesterday evening???

It is possible that I might have relinked the executables and caused the ORACLE Server version to increase??

Please help... I have to rectify this problem as soon as possible

Thanks and God Bless,
    Mee.
    God Bless

Taking back an applied patch is not possible(unless you have taken care of the files changed/added to oracle software in advance).

If possible, how about re-installing 7.3.3.0 after taking a offline backup(ensures no data loss)?

Thanks for you suggestion. How hard will it be to reinstall ORACLE 7.3.3? WIll I need to take off ORACLE from the system first?

Thanks again.
    God Bless

Can anyone else shed some light on this topic and as to why I encountered this problem??

Thanks in advance.
    God Bless