Okay, time for me to show my complete ignorance of the actual administration side of the house.

I have made several changes to my home network recently, including moving my internet connection off my server and onto a different machine. Basically, I have no idea what change may have precipitated this error.

What just happened: I installed a game for my child (big mistake, I know) on my Win2K server. It forced a reboot when it was done. Since then, I cannot get to my database. When I try connecting through SQLPlus, on another machine or the server itself, I get:

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available.

I did a search in the entire Oracle directory for any .TRC files and they all pre-date the reboot, so I'm getting no trace file. I looked all over the event viewer and found nothing related to Oracle.

I did see an ISA error that said something like 'since a gateway failed, all inbound traffic will be stopped' which looked suspicious. I then turned off everything having to do with IIS / ISA / Firewall, etc., since the server is no longer my internet proxy, this was no problem. I even restarted the server, but still no luck. Note that the error did not re-appear after the reboot, so it is unlikely that was the cause.

I then looked at the Oracle services. The 3 automatic services are all started. I then attempted to start all the manual services. They all started except OracleOraHome81TNSManagementServer, which gives the following error:
Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation in progress
Even with all the other services started, I still get the error.

So, given all that, does anyone have an idea what the problem is, besides the fact that I'm administratively-challenged ?

Thanks in advance,

- Chris