DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V$SESSION history

I want to know if the V$SESSION history is stored in any table to find out who logged into the database in the past. If not, then how can I find out who logged in the database in the past? Thanks in advance.
    Agasimani
    OCP(10g/9i/8i/8)

V$SESSION just logs the current sessions, I do not think there is any archival of this info ... for the future, you can create a system trigger to monitor who logs on and off, and store the result in a table

Hi agasimani

if you are on 8i you can use the system trigger, so that when ever someone loggs into the system he will be registerd.
    befor you think about it, do not attempt to write a trigger on the source tables of v$session to create an arc table based on that.

Hi,
    Instead of writing a trigger U can enable auditing which gives u more wide information.
    The audit records are stored in AUD$ in sys schema and u can see the table to get the information.

Regards,
    Rohit Nirkhe,Oracle DBA,OCP 8i
    rohitsn@altavista.com

Exclamation

Hi,
    May be this one not answer for this question .

Just I want to tell you while one thing, Plese check your v$session table if it got negitive number (value feild) Its happend me because my database is running for a long time without shutting down.