DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have worked in Oracle Consulting...?

hey ppl

has anyone worked in Oracle? I got a job interview from Oracle, a job offer from another consultancy and before I decide to decline the consultancy offer and risk myself for the interview with Oracle I would like to hear from some people who worked or works in Oracle like... anything... if not good I simply accept the consultancy offer

Don't know anything about actually working at Oracle Consulting, although I will ask a friend that works for them about it...

So can you just put the people that made the offer on hold while you check out Oracle? If the time difference is too great - be straight with them. If they want you bad enough - they'll wait.

- Chris

hm yea I should put them in hold but I dunno what excuse to give them :(
    suggest any excuses?

hey chris can you ask your friend what a dba do in oracle consulting? the offer I saw is asking for dbas but there were also offers asking for consultants I guess a dba would be used for outsourcing purposes :?

since I am asking for company profiles... let's ask the consultancy one as well, this is one is called T-Systems anyone know this company :?

Take it up

Hi Pando, 15th May 2001 19:54 hrs *******

Recently my friend and collegue in the same wokplace had an opportunity through an consultant an interview at Oracle Corp Bangalore.

The mistakes may be he accepted were

1)He attended the interview from the office

2)He was weak in SQL tuning

3)Didnt brush up with D2K and reports.

My friend who is 5 years in the Oracle SQL-PLSQL,D2K, Oracle DBA and Apps side,worked in US for few months made few mistakes of saying he didnt know tuning like this and that .He also told he was not confident in D2K.

He told me the questions were very simple and general in nature.He regretted for the nervousness etc.

You are going to work for oracle and get paid by the same not by consultant.If you get the job the oracle will pay your cosultant a fee.

By the bye where (city ..country )are you working now.

Oracle is expanding in a Big way in India.Its planning to shift its support team from Australia to India.

I am sure you will be cool to attend the interview.

Advance wishes for the same.

Cheers

Padmam
    Attitude:Attack every problem with enthusiasam ...as if your survival depends upon it

Sorry this message has been removed because it can put this site in legal trouble.... Hope you can understand. Please share info like this via email

Uday

[Edited by uday on 05-15-2001 at 11:58 AM]
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Re: Take it up

Hi, 15th May 2001 20:09 hrs *******

The Nature of job will be like World wide Support for oracle Users logging there problem.

it may be called as Producation or Application Support for Oracle products the area in which you have exposure.

It can be like solving Technical Assistance Report(TAR) job.

Cheers

Padmam
    Attitude:Attack every problem with enthusiasam ...as if your survival depends upon it

Re: Take it up

Hi, 15th May 2001 20:09 hrs *******

The Nature of job will be like World wide Support for oracle Users logging there problem.

it may be called as Producation or Application Support for Oracle products the area in which you have exposure.

It can be like solving Technical Assistance Report(TAR) job.

I worked once in COSL i loved the nature of job .giving support to world wide CITIBANK users.very interesting it all depends upon you.

i am sure after show much of interest in DBAsupport.com sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers

Padmam

I am in Spain.... the offer I subscribed was for DBAs so I guess no consultant job/tasks would has to be done and therefore I dont think I need to know DEV2K, something I dont have a clue about :P (I am not interested in consultancy part right now anyway)

padmam you said

You are going to work for oracle and get paid by the same not by consultant.If you get the job the oracle will pay your cosultant a fee.

what do you mean..?

Actually the idea that attracts working in Oracle is the free training someone can get working in these kind of companies (the makers of the software) otherwise I wouldnt see much differebnce between Oracle Consultancy and a normal consultancy

vendor or consultant

Hi, 15th may 2001 20:40 hrs *******

There are different kinds of nature under which you will be selected for.

In the case i said in India the Oracle will pay the consultant a fee for arranging the canditateThen you will be the employee of Oracle and get Paid.

But suppose in western countries you will be paid via consultants or if you are lucky you will paid as an employee of Oracle.Ensure whether you are employee of oracle.

I would suggest not to be a employee of a consultant company and work for oracle.

Its wise to work with oracle since you will have very good training and many travelling for technicall presentations seminars on your part.

Access to source code if you are in the technical side like reviewing new enchancements of oracle DBA products for each release or for patches etc.

Its a wonderful after a (stint) Quite period of time to say you worked in ORACLE and you can climb High level latter at some company as Head of big Division managing several 100's of DB in big Organizations like NASA or research companies.

It really means how much you capitulate while working at ORACLE to utilise the resources for what i mean for your future plans .Not a imagination you can do it man.

All the best

Cheers

Padmam

Have a thought

Oracle Consulting - Strictly Consulting or Flexible ?
    Stritctly Consulting means you will be sent to the client site as individual consultant or as a member of team to do database administration activities at the client site. Travel is mandatory.

Product Supoort consulting means you will be working for Oracle products specialization and you will be asked to find the resolutions which can't be supported thru world wide tech support.

Be specific in asking the kinda role and responsibilities Oracle will be offering you and make sure that what you wanted to do.

Think of Job satisfaction first and reputation later. Its my personal experience. Its the Question of where you feel job satisfaction and where you are happy, not how big is your Corporation.
    Reddy,Sam