DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: logging/nologging

My database is in archive mode.
    I have a table that I altered to nologging. After a while(5 hours), I changed it back to logging. If the database is in archive log mode, will this have an impact on the redo logs and and the archival files? If so how, please explain.
    I did as I have described above but now for the first time, I am receiving redo/archival error messages in my log file. eg:

ORA-00312: online log 1 thread 1: '/u09/ora02/DENVERDB/redoDENVERDB01.log'
    ORA-27091: skgfqio: unable to queue I/O
    ORA-16038: log 1 sequence# 17566 cannot be archived
    ORA-00333: redo log read error block count
    ORA-00333: redo log read error block 6273 count 128

While the table is in nologging mode, all inserts into the table will not be logged, therefore no redo is generated. Lools like some sort of an I/O problem with the archiving of the redo log files. Check for "heavy" transactions in the db. I wonder if bouncing the db might help??!!

hey halo man why you always say bounce the db :P

Bouncing the database won't help. It is better to take backup the database after the changing the table into logging mode, if you need full recovery.

Hi charity

what you have there is read/write ,or in other words, An error occurred while reading the redo log file. This could be disk problem (probably disk corruption), or filesystem is full.
    Your database is on it's way, or already, crashed because the archive log destination became full, or corrupt. the redo logs could not be archived. i think that your database needs recovery now.

Hi

after i posted my replay i lookd at the metalink and found this doc id:Note:1013621.6 , subject ORA-1115: I/O ERROR READING BLOCK.

you better have a look at it.