DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WHO IS CLOSING THE THREADS WITHOUT NOTICE!!! ??????????????????????

Unhappy

I have noticed in the past a few threads that had been closed without a notice under the thread. It is good to have the moderator privileges, but it is not appreciable when it is miss used.

Here are some of the threads that had been closed in the past without a notice!!!

http://dbasupport.com/forums/showthr...threadid=10372

This shows the owner didn't close it!!!
    http://dbasupport.com/forums/showthr...threadid=10548

In fact the abouve thread did not discuss any thing out of the topic nor did it use abusive languages. The other thing that bothers is that its is being closed without a valid post on why it was being closed.

There are number of things one need to notice while closing the thread in the middle of the discussion:

1. There would arise multiple thread topics arise on the same issue.

2. The continuity on the discussions gets lost

3. That shows that some one who doen't have the interest on the thread, abuses his/her privileges.

4. IT IS SAD TO KNOW THAT IT HAD BEEN CLOSED "NOT BY THE OWNER"!!, AND THERE ARE NO POSTING ON WHY IT WAS CLOSED!!! This just puts off an individual to actively participate on this news group (My Personal point of view)

I hope that others would also pass that opinions on this, issue and the personel who ever was incharge of monitoring this site would also pass their comments or thoughts on this issue.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Sorry to hear that.

I Guess Moderators Will not close without mentioning any reason for closing the thread. Anyway, I will let Super Moderator know about this.
    Reddy,Sam

Sam,

The issue was with database recovery in the past few days after we had some mysql problems. I tried my best to get all the threads opened but looks like I missed some.

let me know if you see any more of these issues.

I am closing this thread so that we can discuss these issues in the feedback forum that I just created

Also, I granted you moderator privileges on dba and dev boards so that you can use it to help other users on this community.

Thanks for the help

Uday

[Edited by uday on 05-11-2001 at 01:58 PM]