DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: create temporary tables under DBA user by another(dev) user

One User with "create session" and "select on all table under a user named "CFF",Now asking for privileges to create temporary tables under "CFF" user as the part of development.where CFF is a DBA users.So please help me in this matter.my difficulty here's "CFF" is a DBA user.

Thanks

Can you explain what you mean by DBA user??

Halo,

CFF has got DBA role and privileges.but the other development user has got only "create session" and "select on all tables under CFF" user privileges only.but now, as the part of some development and testing the development user need to create some temporary tables under CFF user(who has got DBA role).So what privilege i need to grant that development user to allow him to create some temporary table under CFF schema.

Thanks

The user would need to be granted: create any table priv. This will allow the user to create tables in ANY schema in the db. To create the table, the user will have to specify the username under whose schema it would be created, else the table will get created in the users' schema itself. For example, if the developer need to create table in CFF schema, he would issue the DDL in this way:
    -
    create table CFF.table_name
    (col1 datatype,
    clo2 datatype ...);

Halo,

Thanks a lot!!!