DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Parent Key errors

Hybrid View

I have been doing the import and to the best of my knowledge no one has been logged on during the export. I have being doing the tables in the order of dependency, but have received some errors stating that the parent key not found. This is for about a 100 thousand records.

I checked on the source db and the contraints are still valid. Any clues as to how this could have happened?

integrity constraint (FNDRYR0200.CTRL_CT_FK) violated - parent key not found

Thanks,
    Nirasha

is this 8.1.6.3 or 8.1.7? There is a bug when import is creating PKs, basically you have to import with indexes=n otherwise when it's enabling constraints you will see something like xxx_pk already exists which is wrong, the index exists but not the constraint

Are you exporting with consistent=y flag?
    Jeff Hunter

I am using 8.1.6.1. Nope, I did not see those errors about pk existing.

I used the deafult export method, with just specifying compress =y and filesize parameters, so I am not sure.

This whole process takes so long that tonight I am exploring the transportable tablespaces feature.

I am posting a question in a new thread regarding this.

Thanks guys for your help,
    Nirasha

If you export with consistent=y, your export will get a consistent view of the data. Search this forum for past discussions on this topic...
    Jeff Hunter

Thanks. I could not make out whether (by using imp help=y) consistent is a default or not.

Nirasha

well try indexes=n in your import to see if you hit the bug I am tal,king about, if indexes=n solves your problem you certainly hit the bug

I went the transportable tablespace option and it went great.

Thanks,
    Nirasha
    Nirasha Jaganath