Does Oracle have the ability to do a massive unload
of data to a delimited ascii file like it does with the sqlldr tool for loading. I know I can do an export but I need the format
to be in ascii or del ascii so I can load it into another DBMS
and using select * will take forever with gigabyte tables
Check this thread regarding this issue.
There are a number of pretty good suggestions and links.
You can download a powerful database movement and migration tool Chyfo at http://www.ispirer.com/chyfo.html.
This tool facilitates the movement of tables between different or same database systems. It exports a table to a text file (CSV, TAB and fixed length are supported formats) and generates DDL and import-load scripts for specified database.
The tool is especially designed for Oracle and IBM DB2 databases but can be also very helpful for other databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, Informix, MySQL and others.
The tool can export data from any database accessible through ODBC interface. It has a lot of features useful for DBAs:
- This is a comprehensive command prompt tool. So you can create various scripts to automate your work. The tool allows you creating scripts for regular data moving, loading into databases or datawarehouses.
- You can provide a table name or any SELECT statement (from the command prompt or a file) specifying the data to be exported.
- You can provide a list of columns to be excluded from converting, start row and number of rows to be exported.
- The tool generates native CREATE TABLE and CREATE INDEX scripts for Oracle, IBM DB2 and MS SQL Server.
- The tool generates loading scripts for specified database (control files for Oracle SQL Loader, IMPORT and LOAD scripts for IBM DB2).
- Movement of LOBs are fully supported.
- Many others useful features such setting names for output table, schema, files, file directories and others.
Best regards, Dmitry