PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
SQL> exec dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=>'TEST-12');
BEGIN dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats(ownname=>'TEST-12'); END;
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_ASSERT", line 163
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 926
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 947
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 1005
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 11236
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_STATS", line 11214
ORA-06512: at line 1
If some one can help it would be appreciated.
09-11-2008, 01:13 PM
TEST-12 is not a valid user account.
SQL> create user TEST-12 identified by t8_pass;
create user TEST-12 identified by t8_pass
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00922: missing or invalid option
09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Test-12 is user name and schema name, the problem is not what you said, because:
SQL> CREATE USER "TEST-12" PROFILE "DEFAULT"
2 IDENTIFIED BY "123" DEFAULT TABLESPACE "USERS"
3 ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
The problem is why DBMS_Stat has different behaviour for different schema.
09-11-2008, 01:28 PM
So every time you use "TEST-12", you should not create an account using ".
There is built in Schema in oracle in the name of HR and there is another shcmea which was created by me in the name of "TEST-12".
when ever that I use the DBMS_Stat for that schema , I get the error message as above. the problem is not the name , foeget the name,
if I create another schema in the name of XXX, still I have the same problem.
DBMS_Stat is working fine for some schema and doesn't for the one that I mentioned before.
09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Then it's a priv issue.
Login as sys and execute dbms_stats.
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I ran this as sysdba.
the problem is not privilege.
09-12-2008, 10:57 AM
prove the other examples then
09-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Please read the first email carefully and if you know the reason, I would be glad to have your Idea.
The question is clear, I am using Oracle 9i. I logined as SYSdBA
and ran the DBMS_Stat for my shcema I got the error message.
After verifing I found that it is working form some shcema but for
the one that I mentioned.
I exported the schema, removed the tablespace and created again,
impoted the schema, but still DBMS_Stat gives me error message.