Oracle DBA (9i, 10g) -- Orange County
Hello All. I'll be brief & to the point...I've got a long term client that markets data & analytics to financial and mortgage companies. They're approx 800 employees, $200+M in size and belong to a family of companies comprising an $8B Fortune 300 corporation headquartered here in Orange County (near the 405 & 55 fwy interchange).
The company is stable and looking for a Mid or Jr- level Oracle DBA who isn't looking to jump in a yr. They're mostly Solaris (some Windows & Linux) and their DBA group manages ~120 DBs with 70+ TB. The engineering group is ~50 folks in size. This is a NEW position, it's FT & salaried (I'm just the headhunter). They're targeting a base at or below $100K/yr.
No games on my side. If you're interested, please shoot me an email so we can talk.
Mid or Jr-level Oracle DBA -- Orange County, CA
Oracle 9i/10g * UNIX/Solaris & Linux * 60+ TB * 405 & 55 fwy
Description & Background:
recruitingmanager.com, Inc. is currently conducting a search for an Oracle DBA for the nationís largest provider of advanced property and ownership information, analytics, and services. This $200M real estate and property data company located in Orange County, CA is a profitable, industry-leading organization belonging to a family of business information companies comprising an $8+B Fortune 500 corporation.
With a solid understanding of Oracle database concepts, architecture, and administration, the DBA will support an enterprise and dynamic 24 x 7 Oracle environment with high availability and scalable performance requirements. Solid experience with Oracle enterprise edition 9i on Solaris and Linux platforms is required.
- Perform ongoing database administration, maintenance, performance tuning, security, and troubleshooting.
- Develop, maintain, perform, and test database backup and recovery procedures.
- Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Provide proactive performance monitoring and capacity planning for future database and server growth.
- Administer and maintain database security policies and procedures, including compliance with SOX regulations.
- Work closely and effectively with the in-house software development, project management, QA, and SA teams.
- Evaluate new database trends & technologies and provide best practices & recommendations.
- A solid understanding of Oracle 9i database server architecture and design.
- A minimum 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience with Oracle 9i database administration, backup and recovery, and performance tuning; 10g experience is a plus.
- Practical experience with RMAN backup and recovery.
- Working experience in UNIX and Linux platforms with strong UNIX shell scripting experience; Windows experience is a plus.
- Experience in SQL scripting and PL/SQL packages and procedures.
- Good understanding of Oracle advanced technologies such as RAC, Data Guard, and Streams is desirable.
- Availability for on-call and 24x7 DBA support.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively in a team environment.
- Efficient communication and organization skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field.